Your Warranty may be invalidated if you continue to drive your vehicle when a fault becomes apparent. Any defects must be reported to an authorised BMW Retailer or BMW Service Authorised Workshop as quickly as possible. A minor defect corrected now could prevent you from being inconvenienced in the future.
An Authorised BMW Retailer reserves the right to reject any claim where the cause of the defect is due to non compliance with the service intervals recommended by the Manufacturer and or the Manufacturer’s recommendations for care and maintenance of the vehicle.
If servicing has been carried out by a Non Authorised Workshop, the Authorised BMW Retailer and/or BMW Service Authorised Workshop reserve the right to reject any claim where the cause of the defect is due to inadequate servicing or the use of inadequate parts by the Non Authorised Workshop.
Your Warranty does not cover faults which arise as a result of misuse, negligence, accidents or normal wear and tear.
Your BMW has been designed and built to extremely high standards to achieve optimum performance economy. Neither the Manufacturer, the selling BMW Retailer or any BMW Group company in the UK can be held responsible for modifications to the vehicle which lead to defects, unless those modifications have been approved by the Manufacturer, an Authorised BMW Retailer or a BMW Service Authorised Workshop.
The purpose for which your BMW was designed and built was as a passenger carrying vehicle under normal driving conditions. This BMW Retailer Warranty does not extend to faults that arise as a result of the vehicle being used for racing, rallying or similar competitive sports.
Liability for death,bodily injury, or damage to property or any consequential loss, whether arising directly or indirectly from an incident affecting a part covered by this BMW Retailer Warranty, are not included in the BMW Retailer Warranty. This shall not be construed so as to limit or exclude liability for death or personal injury resulting from manufacturing defects or from the negligence of the Manufacturer, the Retailer or that of their employees or agents. The vehicle owner should ensure that adequate insurance cover for the loss or damage of personal belongings, property etc, has been made.
- Routine service adjustments which form part of normal maintenance schedules are not covered by the BMW Retailer Warranty.
- Wheel alignment and balancing faults occurring as a result of a manufacturing defect are covered for the first 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs soonest.
- Wiper blade rubber inserts are only covered for manufacturing defects.
Warranty Outside UK
- Every new vehicle supplied by an Authorised BMW Retailer in the UK carries a 36 month BMW Retailer Warranty.This Warranty commences on the original registration date of your vehicle. During the first 24 months, should your vehicle need to be repaired under Warranty within the United Kingdom or outside of the United Kingdom, it may be taken to any Authorised BMW Retailer or BMW Service Authorised Workshop. The repair will be carried out under the terms and conditions of the Warranty, provided you can show the vehicle is still within the 24 month Warranty period. This can easily be done for example by producing the service booklet where appropriate and showing the FREE PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTION box stamped by the supplying Authorised BMW Retailer.
- The third year of the BMW Retailer Warranty is only valid provided the vehicle is registered in the United Kingdom. However, if you travel abroad and a Warranty repair is required, this must be carried out by an Authorised BMW Retailer or BMW Service Authorised Workshop. Please retain all invoices and any replaced parts (where possible). On your return to the United Kingdom contact your local Authorised BMW Retailer or BMW Service Authorised Workshop who will process a Warranty claim on your behalf.
- The paintwork Warranty covers your vehicle against defects such as blistering, discolouration or staining of the visible surface of all painted body panels occurring as a result of faulty manufacture or workmanship for a period of 36 months from the date of first registration without any mileage limitation.
- All paintwork repairedunder Warranty must be carried out by a BMW Approved Bodyshop.
- Although modern paintsare durable and resistant to many external hazards, they cannot reasonably beexpected to be totally resistant to all. You should therefore take particular care with your paintwork if you live in or near an area where industrial fallout is prevalent. Please read the relevant section in your handbook on paintwork for more details.
- Bird lime can have an extremely corrosive effect on your paintwork and should be removed as quickly as possible.
- Since damage caused by industrial fallout or bird lime is not a fault of manufacture, this cannot be claimed under Warranty.
- All new BMW cars registered from 1st January 2004 are covered by a 12-year anti-corrosion Warranty against perforation by rust.
- All repair work carried out under the anti-corrosion Warranty must be carried out by an Authorised BMW Retailer or Authorised Repairer. The Warranty covers corrosion which occurs from inside the metal panels or box sections of the car.
- The Warranty does not cover corrosion caused by neglect, accident damage, stone chips or other external influences.
Maintaining Your Anti-Corrosion Warranty
- To ensure that any Warranty claims are processed quickly and efficiently, please observe the following guidelines.
- Your vehicle should be inspected at normal service intervals as recommended by your BMW service book.
- Paint or body damage identified by the dealer during these inspections, including any to the underside or under body protection of the vehicle, must be properly repaired to BMW standards.
- Claims cannot be accepted for perforation that occurs as a result of unrepaired or improperly repaired paint or body damage.
Vehicles which undergo major accident repair work during their anti corrosion Warranty period are still covered by the Warranty provided:
a. The correct BMW corrosion prevention methods are used.
b. The repair work is carried outby a competent repairer to BMW repair standards.
The Warranty does not apply to parts, panels or materials that have not been approved by BMW and the BMW Retailer or Authorised Repairer reserves the right to refuse claims where defects have occurred as a result of using them.
Where your vehicle has been involved in an accident and requires bodywork repair this should ideally be carried out by a BMW Approved Bodyshop. In this way you can be certain that your vehicle will be rebuilt to original standards of safety and quality. You can then feel confident that the integrity of your anti-corrosion Warranty will remain intact.